Friday, October 02, 2009

so

It's been a while since I've written anything - there's been a lot happening in some ways - in others, same ol'

I'm at the office ridiculously late because I'm collecting andrew from the train at 12.55 (last time he'll book that one I hope!?!) and I had a sneaking suspicion that if I went home I'd crawl into bed and not wake up...!

So - been clearing the decks here a little - lots of e-mails, bits and bobs to do.

Impressions of life

My PhD viva is still an age away - but the closer it gets the more terror I feel

spent a week in the states at Point Loma Nazarene University - filled with the dilemma (for example) of preaching about God's longing for renewal of all the earth, all people - and then FLEW. hmm. need to think hard about eco-anything.

But -loved the time there - really touched by the people I met... and the beauty of the place is extraordinary -

I saw HUMMINGBIRDS playing!

The allotment is steady as she goes at the moment - I am hoping we'll get to go there tomorrow... dig, frame, plant, tidy, weed, harvest... lots on the 'to do' list

Reading lots of rubbish as well as swotting. Favourite read of the moment is The Word Militant by Brueggemann. Least Favourite, Reason, Ridiculre and Religion.

Have spent some time with great friends - Steve and Jo, Jme G and Michelle, Becky, Mary, Mark, Heather and Gary... all states based...

Not spend enough time with anyone else!

Other things that are going on - Andrew's lovely Grand-dad, one of the most thoroughly good people I've ever met died last week. His funeral is next Tuesday - May his memory be eternal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home