Monday, November 24, 2008

Overwhelmed by the realisation that I've nothing interesting to say. But, for the sake of a moment or two - a quick update

spent several days at a pastor's conference -good, long, tired, friendly, enjoyed the speaking, but realise that my attention span is directly related to a lot of comfort levels. Went on my own and rediscovered again how intimidating it is to walk into a crowd of people eating and try and find somewhere to sit... Was quite disturbed by 'problem feeders' - the kind of people who want to know the details of bust-ups, splits, depressive illness, physical ailments, and somehow gain from it [similar to bottom feeders in a fish tank who absorb all the crap and grow... only dissimiar cos I'm not sure problem feeders clean the tank] ... Amazing how much pseudo-spirituality can be cloaked in prayers for ...

Also - really enjoyed (yeah, something positive!) a lot of the seminars: on the church, but more on a posture of humility, mercy and community. Good...
And, heard a sermon on Leviticus and crushed testicles, which was really interesting! :-) Probably not the kind of place a lot of preachers could go with a straight face! Anyway, very thought provoking, but typically nazbo in that it was impossible to spend much time processing - so I need to now! oh, wait, no time...
Also, a lot of conversations about 'welcoming' and inclusion. Quite brave conversations really - the question of 'the other' which I'm trying to look at in my Phd coming through again and again... esp. relating to homosexulaity and the church. Just realised I use a lot of elipses. Sorry.

Actually reminded a lot of my need to try and pray more, be rooted and grounded in scripture.

haven't cycled in two weeks (puncture/laze/ poorliness) and discovered that that's a) probably how long it takes for me to break a habit b) it was helping to make me slightly less low. SO, sherlock, you'd think I'd get back on that 'ole peddle machine, but so far... NO. Self-defeating.Argh. And it's gone cold.

Lots of people around who are depressed. Sometimes v. sympathetic, sometimes not. It's hard to feel helpless.

Umm, what else? Met up with lots of friends. Talked to various people = some moving into charismatic circles (for the emotion/ umph and so on) and some moving out of them (for the emotion/umph and so on) = trying to think about the role of the holy spirit in my life as pointing me to Christ, or shaping me, and feel a little unshaped...

Lots of babies coming (sometimes in multiples) that's pretty cool. (not for me, I don't mean, for loads of other people. )

Reading Isabelle Allende and really enjoying it.

Have the attention span of a blog-knat for anything else I'm supposed to be reading/doing. At the moment, have just given up on Phd for the night and am going home.

So - not a very bubbling over with happiness blog, but such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home