Monday, February 04, 2008

Quarterly blogs - does anyone read this?

Not that it matters, I guess.

Anyway, it's February already, and I am way too behind. Lots of things to think about - am on a course with Manchester Met Uni on leadership which I'm finding really interesting. Quite fascintating the things that you discover about yourself. I've decided I quite like learning. Am not a great fan of group work, but process a lot out loud (translation: verbally) but also need SPACE. I've got a strange affair going on with Facebook. Not sure whether I like it, or not. Feel very vulnerable 'd brower latz has moved! at 21.06' kind of scary - and not sure whether or not I need to know everything about everyone else... Anyway, I deactivated my account, then reactivated it... then - well, you see.

Listening to Foo Fighters at the moment [courtesy of Matt Norris] and taking a brief break from reading The Bottom Billion which I'm finding a little frustrating. Yes, it's for my PhD. No, I'm not sure it's that helpful. But I need to start writing... soon. I find that the evening (when it's silent here) is conducive to writing - except that I no longer appear to be a 24 hour person - that is, if I get up at 7 I want to do nothing in the evening, but chill out and go to bed. At home, awaits Animal, Vegetable, Miracle which I'm loving and would LIKE to read, but instead I'm here. Trying to motivate myself [and simultaneously avoid the Tunnock's caramel wafer which is in my drawer as a sugar-low-remedy. I'm not having a sugar low, but it is HONESTLY calling to me!].

Other things that are happening to me: i'm thinking alot about intimacy in community. Watching things going on that are brutal in some of my loved ones' lives. Learning that sometimes I'm very rude - generally not on purpose - or very abrupt. And, rediscovering that if one bit of life is out of kilter, everything is. Which sucks, since often at least one bit is! Thinking about Italian Spinone dogs [i'd like one]. Thinking about time - and when and how I lost control of it. Struggling to figure out which way to go next. Wrestling with BIG questions for church [which way now, why, who, when?] and trying to think theologically and not just intuitively.

Someday I'll write about the revelations I've been having and the learnings I've made...:-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Avey said...

I read it..... when you write to it of course!!!

5:29 pm  
Blogger Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

I read too, and check it daily!
Looking forward to reading the revelations and learnings... or we could just have coffee and do the verbal thing:)
Milo is still with us!

8:43 pm  
Blogger backgroundbob said...

I read it, though whether you appreicate that or not is another matter!
As for time, well: if you ever had control of it, you're a far more impressive person than I realised! As with many things, perhaps the paradox is the key - only by reconciling yourself to the fact that you have no say in the matter can you hope to exercise some control over its effects on you. Could be right, could be wrong? Something else I hope to reconcile myself to :)

Hope the work goes well, as always.

11:40 am  
Blogger Jonathan Bradshaw said...

This probably isn't a very sensible thing to say to a Phd student, but perhaps you're THINKING TOO MUCH. Anyway, mine is the fourth comment, so evidently you have readers. See you Sunday.

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home