Thursday, March 29, 2007

packing

To travel back to the East (at least from this perspective)... I am afraid that my suitcase(s) are too heavy, which presents a minor, but not insurmountable problem. As with everything it seems, the answer will be money. Not a bribe to an airline, you understand.... but money handed over to get something that I want done, done. Hmm. It's an interesting system that we're a part of.

Today was a non-starter on the thinking front. So was yesterday actually. My mum's test results came back - positive. That is to say, negative, in that the cancer has not spread. So just the relatively minor radiation therapy and other treatment... Not minor at all, I know. But compared to the worst this is pretty good.

I spent some of the afternoon trying to read/think outside, on "Mildred Bangs Wynkoop's" bench. It was quite lovely to be outside, and the grass, birds, and trees were all good company.

My aunt and I then had a farewell coffee - for those of you thoroughly confused about my whereabouts, I am going to Amsterdam until next week now - and then I went and had a further farewell coffee on my own.

It's been a very interesting experience. Lots to think about. I am ready to get back to small... but hopefully I've come back enlarged... [not in that way].

I've been looking at a lot of books here. It occurred to me that I'll never be able to read all the books that there are. Never. I guess that makes choices more important. Time is such a valuable aspect of life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home