Saturday, February 17, 2007

Watching Miss Congeniality and blogging. Yes, it has descended to that.

Today has been long. Went into the office to work on my outline, and try and ask myself some methodological questions. Then, I became totally and utterly overwhelmed, and we left. Ouch. At the moment, I fail to see how this is all possible -but maybe once I've slept on it, it'll be okay.

The snow has continued today - it is beautiful, but treacherous. So many accidents/ fires and sliding around on the roads. It is strange, but I love the snow it takes me right back to teen-years (quite tortured, and normal) and outdoor sports. That always makes me realise that one of the things I love here is that 'most everybody can/should/ does play sport as they grow up in North America, whereas in the UK it is mostly lads/privileged...

Well, I have nothing interesting to say, so I'll sign off.

5 Comments:

Blogger iulia and geordan said...

I express my full sympathy for you feeling of being overwhelmed. Iulia knows all to well about the numerous days I’ve felt like that. When I think about finishing by September, it seems like an impossible task. Well, I guess we both need a good measure human and divine support.
-G

9:08 pm  
Blogger Betty said...

You're blogging like crazy! Well, I hope that somehow you're feeling less overwhelmed and have slept some in the last 24hours. Miss Congeniality!?!
How strange, I too was watching the same film last night - actually I was flicking channels between that and 'Gladiator', a tough choice but Maximus Decimus Meridius captured my attention a little more than Gracie 'tough cop' Hart.

Miss you, Lou.

10:33 am  
Blogger Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Hope you are feeling inspired today.

3:51 pm  
Blogger Rainey said...

I had the Alberta Netball Team come for a visit to Urbis today.
Their style completely reminded me of North American Sport ethic. A sort of "we can do it, even if no one else in Canada plays this sport".

9:54 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dee - So how's the inspiration going? Jo and I had so much fun catching up on your blog and hearing your perspectives from our time together. We decided it wasn't "pure, pure torture" but was instead "pure, pure joy!" We are incredibly humbled by what you said about the door. I pray Christ helps us to continue pressing forward into the future with Him.

By way of pressing forward, let me offer you a word of encouragement. One of the things I found helpful in the early going of my writing, was simply to just sit down and start writing something. There were a few times when just getting my fingers moving over the keyboard and my mond processing something...anything, was better than just starting a the screen. Some of that I eventually used, and some of it went the way of editing, but it was still helpful. So use that small bit of shared wisdom for whatever it's worth.

Bless you. You can do this, and you will make it!

Much Love,
Stephen

4:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home