Tuesday, February 27, 2007

u/deconstructing boxes

Well, since I last wrote the world has sped up, slowed down to a stop, then sped up again... Mostly the news that my mum has breast cancer was a shock; very treatable however, still, the 'c' word is not one that anyone relishes. She is very robust in her approach to life, and we had a great chat about how you glorify God in the midst of pain and suffering, acceptance and resistance. Today I preached, and one of the texts was Isaiah 43: 1-7; it struck me whilst reading it how appropriate it was for someone possibly about to undergo radiation therapy - or, (probably more accurately), for those of us about to watch someone we love possibly undergo 'fire'-

So - I've been in a class this afternoon and fielded loads of questions, which I thoroughly enjoyed - about the church, our church, life, and particularly the Psalms - since the class was the Hebrew Psalter that made sense... :-)

I was asked what one question I would ask them and I said something along the lines of: Do you have the courage to think.act.be outside the box? That is something that I am chronically challenged by - and it is all too easy to be squeezed into the various boxes around... church/world/life. It takes bottle to resist.

As I've blogged the whole family has arrived home - and I am in Grandpa's chair, so I'd better relinquish it - more later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Francis said...

Praying for your Mum's recovery...

9:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home