Friday, February 16, 2007

A beginning...

Today was a long day of reading and re-reading - trying to figure out where I am and where I need to go. Felt a lot overwhelmed, and was really thankful that Andrew was here - he's a silent encourager, and unbelievably dedicated to his own studies. He loves reading, and that is inspiring. (We have photos, but aren't sure yet of how to put them on... :))

I've been reading a book that a lot of people [in the blogspheres i lurk in] have recommended. I found myself on a pendulum between agreeing with their premise 'the church is dying, needs to change, here's how' and rejecting some of what they seem to be suggesting [out with the old, in with the new.. or academic learning and language is dead, no place in the church...] Now obviously I have things at stake in both - and I still am thinking it through, but in particular I think that I have some big questions to think through. I've not been sleeping well - (I know parents with small children, you neither!), mostly panic I think about everything I have to do. Of course, lack of sleep may not help me be coherent...

I keep telling myself that exercise will help - so I'm watching tryouts for the Dallas Cowboys [those girls have stamina]. :-) So far it's not really working!! Actually, I feel incredibly out of touch with the world - the early morning is the best time for news that gives a window onto the whole world - otherwise, I feel like an alien.

We drove around a little with Grandpa today. Past some enormous houses, along wide streets, beautiful banks covered in snow, and then by grandpa & grandma's church - the enormous Kansas City First Church. I don't really know what to say. They moved there from nearer the middle of Kansas City. Grandpa was telling us that he has been on a vision group, and that after a while he 'felt heavy in his spirit' and left - because they were trying to find a focus. Grandpa's view was 'whatever happened to "whosoever would come..."' It was a challeging conversation.

So - the ntc webmail isn't working for me - poor Deirdre. It makes me feel a little cut off -but maybe that's the plan!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

Morning, sorry you are not sleeping, some things are no different wherever you are!
Good to hear that the reading has started, I am sure you will find a way 'in' and get going on the big write.
Enjoy your day
JA and E
xxx

8:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home