Monday, November 21, 2005

Many shades of beige

today is foggy in Manchester - I love it when it's like this, I can just see the shape of the old maple out of my window, and the air is cooling to breathe. crisp, lovely, mysterious weather. Andrew is at home, ill, and it is a good day for it really - curled up, sleeping, waking to drink hot milk, and then sleeping again. he's thoroughly exhausted, which generally = ill. Not so good. If you're our praying friends, please pray for his working life. Apart from feeling ethically-oppressed by the 'asda-walmart' job, he is also knackered by it - but so far, we're not getting anywhere. We are reminded weekly at church of how good it is to have any job but that's difficult to remind yourself of sometimes.

we're settling in - had a huge family (bar the Russian's) dinner yesterday - and my, we ate well. We can recommend [for the Sweet-toothed amongst you] Jamie Oliver's cholocate tart. Rich as. And, you don't actually have to be naked to cook it. Apart from that, all photos are up and it is beginning to feel ours. our first house-guest moves in tonight - for which we thank God. It seems a fulfilment of our decision to get this house...

So - let's see. nothing v. interesting to report (sadly). No climbing, no nothing for me for about three weeks now. that has to change! However, term is nearly finished! amazing.

And - here are a few of the bottles of paint in the cellar: china cup, natural linen, natural beige, parchment, calico, natural hessian, natural wheatgrass, wheatgrass, lemon grass, light wicker, soft white, magnolia... NOW I ASK YOU, how are you supposed to tell the difference between them??? Our wall is beginning to look quite funny though - we've yet to discover which one actually matches it, so, I'm inventing a new one: patchy beige. So there Crown Paints.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and what's so unethical about asda? i'll have you know that their fish is dolphin friendly! whatever that means, the fisherman probably just say hello to them as they fish. yes that was my aisle.

6:45 pm  
Blogger Matthew Francis said...

I'll pray for Andrew if he prays for me! My contract is up at the end of December... yes, it is nice to have work, thank God for that.

Glad to hear you're all moved in... that Jamie Oliver chocolate tart sounds amazing.

Paint colours! Our dining room is "copper nail," our living room "coral brown," and the rest "poetic white!" Go figure!

1:00 pm  
Blogger Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

I have to say that I love your house. It's amazing what pictures can do to make the place feel lived in.
Sorry that Andy is not well. I hope he has recovered now and is finding a bit more strength. I'm sure you are both missing climbing.
Also, I hope your house guest settles in nicely and can also enjoy your new home.
See you soon.
J

12:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home