Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Somehow I've gotten the fever. I am excited this morning - going in to teach my Church History class. They (were supposed to) read Polycarps' martyrdom this last week - which is a quite amazing account of obedience and death - and refusal to forsake Christ. I often this about this subject - probably because - in part - Endo's books - The Samurai and Silence are so thought provoking on the matter. Also, I've been thinking a lot about syncretism -and how much of my faith 'rooted and grounded in the love of Christ' is a cultural, historical, contextual faith. It is interesting food for thought, but I am not sure how to open the door to it, without unleashing whole new worlds. Funny that, at one point I'd have been fearless, but I realise that as I age a lot of things matter less - but some things matter more.

We climbed last night - excellent. Andrew (my climbing partner, and beloved husband) got up to a series of 6b's (good climbing, nothing to hold on to, lunges UP the wall, suspending yourself from your chin...:)) I am much less bold, but even so managed to get consistently in the 5+ realm - a first. What a GREAT feeling. [Actually, for me, the great feeling begins when I even get out of the house to go - I often feel knackered... it helps being accountable to someone else, so that you HAVE to go...]. Anyway, we've opened up Saturday mornings (when we go anyway) to people from church - it could be quite an interesting morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home