Monday, October 03, 2005

signals of danger...

the weekend has been a long one. funny. on saturday i was completely loosing the plot when our 'new' car broke down again. for the now sixth week in a row, i took it to the garage to be fixed. argh. however, what was so remarkable to me about that was that i really fell apart. never a good sign for me (or, conversely, a very good sign that all is NOT well in my soul... ) so, after stressing for a while, i then sorted out the 20 or so responsibilities i had, and then went to baptise my god-daughter... katie hannah birkinshaw. it was a lovely ritual to participate in. i hope we will be good god-parents. i don't know what we'll contribute.. maybe a love of books? climbing? hmm. i'll have to muse on it.

Strand of church life
on sunday the congregation gathered... i was so moved. one of our elderly ladies, whose daughter has not spoken to her in over seven years came in. as soon as she saw me, she pulled me over to her, and sat me down. she told me that in the week she'd heard from her beloved child. spoken to her grand-children for the first time. and that reconciliation was beginning. THANKS BE TO GOD!! Later on, she stood in the service and shared with us all this miracle of her faith. it was a beautiful moment.
She bore the weight of faith, hope and grace on her shoulders and spread it amongst us.

last evening then, was a weekly bible study i participate in... except for we didn't start it - again. one of my dear friends had his birthday and so we talked together instead. i hope for us all.

well - my brother and sister in law have moved - along with Godson Lev to St. Petersburg -it looks beautiful, and exotic, and makes me restless... I'll try and add their blog to this one...

times are funny.

and now, to prepare for my classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home