Thursday, October 13, 2005

It's not easy being...

So, the thing about being a Christian in community is that it is not easy. Darn it. You always seem to make mistakes, and sometimes you aren't given the opportunity to make it better. That makes it tough.

My dad and I just had a conversation where I recounted the latest (and it has left me literally shaking) encounter with someone in our congregation - my dad's entirely accurate summary of it was this: this is Christian leadership -it hurts followed by "leave it with the Lord."

I guess I have to! but I wish the Lord would talk more back at me sometimes. :-)

I also have a new book to read: Robert Jordan's latest. About time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Knights @ not so round table said...

Rosie said... your dad is a most fantastic person to have a conversation with. And Hurrah for Robert Jordan ... at last!

2:27 pm  
Blogger Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

A wise friend once told me keep talking at God as he will talk back soon!
XXX

9:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home